6th Post: じゅじゅつかいせん
こんにちは!Hello! This week I would like to recommend an anime that I started watching a few weeks ago with all of my friends! After months of their persistence I finally sat down to watch Jujutsu Kaisen (じゅじゅつかいせん) and I have been hooked on it sense!
Jujustu Kaiden was first released as a manga back in 2018, later being adapted into a massively successful anime by MAPPA. The story follows Itadori Yuji (いたどりゆうじ), a high school boy that swallows a powerful cursed object, becoming the host of a dangerous curse known as Ryomen Sukuna (りょうめんすくな). As a result, he is brought to Tokyo Jujutsu High, where he trains to become a jujutsu sorcerer in order to defeat curses and protect the innocent.
One thing that stuck out to me in the show, and something that we learned recently in class, is the use of katakana as onomatopoeia. During many of the fight scenes, lots of katakana is shown on screen to emphasize punch sounds, explosions, etc.
I have really enjoyed watching Jujutsu Kaisen thus far, and I definitely recommend it to anyone who likes action and supernatural themes! ありがとうございます!

Ooh, I loved watching Jujutsu Kaisen! I haven't seen the prequel yet, Jujutsu Kaisen Zero, but it's definitely on my watch list. I also just remembered what a bop their OSTs are!! Honestly, I say this with all the anime I watch. It's an understatement to say that masterpiece anime have equally masterpiece OST songs ;))
ReplyDelete