9th Post: Katakana カタカナ Onomatopeia


こんにちは!This week I would like to talk about the katakana (
カタカナ) I found being used as onomatopoeia in two of my favorite mangas! The first onomatopoeia example I found was in Kaguya-sama Love is War (
かぐや様は告らせたい). The phrase is "ポワポワ," and in English it translates to "fluffy" or "light." The phrase surrounds the character, Chika Fujiwara (ふじわら ちか), and is fitting since she is a very airy and kind character. 


The next onomatopoeia I found is from Card Captor Sakura (カードキャプターさくら). The scene shows a bunch of friends roller skating together, with the phrase "ワイワイ," meaning "lively" or "noisy." 


It was a lot of fun to look back at some of my favorite manga and find some examples of onomatopoeia in katakana! ありがとうございます!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

1st Post: Why Japanese?

3rd Post: Sailor Moon

5th Post: すき